Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Last night was great.

After my shower I put on a bit of makeup. Not a full face; mascara, eyeliner, glossed over lip pencil. Sprayed perfume into my hair, put on a scented lotion, just really girly. Went downstairs put on my pink and black polka-dot apron, turned on my ipod and started doing dishes.

I had dinner ready so when Jeff got home I set the plate and drink in front of him. Usually he’ll grab his own plate off the counter but I was feeling nice today-had a retro housewife mentality. When he was done eating I suggested he watch a movie I’d found on netflix earlier, A Wink and A smile. It was a documentary about burlesque performers. Fantastic, and the sexuality was very artistic. After a few glasses of wine and watching Hell’s Kitchen with my best friend (Jeff of course!) we had sex in the middle of the living room. It was entirely too hot upstairs.

I have really been focusing on palm rolling my dreadlocks. I am determined to get them knotted up ASAP. July 4th they were two weeks old and I removed the bottom band on them. Since then they have doubled-size, texture, appearance. I think another 3 weeks and I’ll remove the top band. Some of them I am comfortable removing the band now but my selective OCD makes that impossible.

Tonight is soccer practice for Lily. I HATE the lesson. Not so much the lesson as the fact that it’s not REALLY a lesson. There is not a lot of teaching going on sadly.  It feels like a complete waste of time-no I don’t care if she’s having fun, I don’t pay $50+ for her to have fun. I paid to have her taught basics of soccer.

After soccer we’ll go to Aldi to get groceries. We NEED groceries-badly. I hate when we get this low on food. We’re not STARVING but it’s low enough to be cause for concern (to me). I am not taking into account the availability of a small storage of food or the giant roaster chicken and ham that I have in the freezer. As I said it’s more that the fridge is empty-we need veggies, fruits, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment